Author Topic: NEAR-Fest XXIII Special Hotel Room Rate  (Read 15358 times)

Offline W1RC

• NEAR-Fest Founder & Benevolent Dictator.
  • Administrator
  • Extra
NEAR-Fest XXIII Special Hotel Room Rate
« on: December 29, 2009, 01:43:13 PM »
Here are the official NEAR-Fest XXIII Very Special Hotel Room Rates.

Note:  The rate for 2018 is currently under negotiation.  I have been advised that the entire hotel is under renovation which means the rate will probably be going up.  I will do my best to keep it minimal.

Once again for those of you looking for inexpensive overnight accommodations, I was able to negotiate an excellent room rate for NEAR-Fest XXIII at the Super 8 Motel, 2301 Brown Avenue, Manchester NH (603) 623-0883 which is about 15 miles from the ‘Fester.  The rate PER NIGHT for two adults in effect from Thursday, May 3rd, through Sunday, May 6th, 2018 is $ plus 9% NH Meals &  Services tax.  Cots for additional guests are $10.00 extra (regardless of the age of the person sleeping in it) and this is not negotiable so don't even ask the desk clerk to "waive" it.  Please note that this rate has remained the same for at least eight years if not more.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2301+Brown+Ave,+Manchester,+NH+03103,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=image

A block of only 48 rooms are normally held for NEAR-Fest attendees but this time the number of rooms allocated to us will be less.  Consequently you are well advised to MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS EARLY (like right now) to avoid disappointment.  You may start booking  your rooms immediately.  However,  you MUST make your reservation by 4 PM, Wednesday, May 3rd, 2018.  Reservations made AFTER that time and date will NOT be eligible for the special rate, and you will pay more.  No exceptions.  Don’t say you weren’t warned.

The hotel has stipulated that you must confirm your reservation with a credit card and the name on the reservation must match the name on the credit card.  You may cancel your reservation without penalty more than 48 hours in advance but if you want to beg off less than 48 hours you will be responsible for the cost of your entire reservation unless the hotel is able to resell the room.  In this case you will be charged a $25.00 cancellation fee.  There are no exceptions.  You must mention the NEAR-Fest block rate when you make your reservation or you won’t get the deal.  Finally, you must pay for your total stay IN FULL when you check in. The hotel wants me to advise you that no checks of any kind will be accepted.

If the person who answers the phone doesn’t know what the heck you are talking about ask for Younique, the Front Office Manager!  Please be sure to thank her for the great rate. For the Fall hamfest you don’t want to know what a room costs anywhere else at the height of leaf-peeping season.

Amenities include: 6am-10am continental breakfast, High-speed wireless internet, 24 hour wake-up service, Cable TV (includes HBO and HBO2), Complementary USA Today.

See you all at the ‘Fester!

MisterMike, W1RC