Author Topic: Culinary delights at NEAR-Fest???  (Read 4199 times)

Offline N1BAC

• Technician
Culinary delights at NEAR-Fest???
« on: May 01, 2007, 07:46:20 PM »
MrMike, et al -

I have noticed there is a thread on eating establishments around the Deerfield area, but have not seen anything (or did I miss it) about vendors that will be displaying their culinary skills on the Fairground.

Are there any food vendors signed up for NEAR-Fest?

Arnie, N1BAC

Offline W1RC

• NEAR-Fest Founder & Benevolent Dictator.
  • Administrator
  • Extra
Re: Culinary delights at NEAR-Fest???
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 01:08:23 AM »
MrMike, et al -

I have noticed there is a thread on eating establishments around the Deerfield area, but have not seen anything (or did I miss it) about vendors that will be displaying their culinary skills on the Fairground?

How can you have a hamfest without food?  To answer your question, yes we do have food vendors lined up, pretty much the same ones as we had in May and a couple of new ones too, including a big surprise

MisterMike

Offline KB1OBH

• General
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 05:37:05 PM »
The call for volunteers to man the church's booth went out this week, they have a very dedicated group so it will likely be online for the fest.  They make a great breakfast.

John
KB1OBH

Offline W1RC

• NEAR-Fest Founder & Benevolent Dictator.
  • Administrator
  • Extra
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 09:09:30 AM »
The call for volunteers to man the church's booth went out this week, they have a very dedicated group so it will likely be online for the fest.  They make a great breakfast.

John
KB1OBH

I invited them in May and they couldn't get their booth ready in time.  However for October they will have just finished the Fair and it will be up and running.  I hope to have them in early on Friday morning so the Staff can have something before the gates open.

They price their food very reasonably so this will serve as a good influence to the others to keep their prices reasonable as well.

MisterMike