Author Topic: NEAR-Fest II is Coming to a Fairground Near YOU!!!!  (Read 2824 times)

Offline W1RC

• NEAR-Fest Founder & Benevolent Dictator.
  • Administrator
  • Extra
NEAR-Fest II is Coming to a Fairground Near YOU!!!!
« on: May 30, 2007, 01:07:51 AM »
First of all, some news.  K1TWF, N1IWV, W2INR, WA1HLR, VE2BIA, Todd KA1KAQ and Paul, W1PRA and I, W1RC want to thank you ALL for making NEAR-Fest I a complete and total success beyond our wildest expectations.  Ed Anderson, our Treasurer, is has worked out the numbers and we had "just over 2,000" paid attendees.  Ed's work has been slowed down due to his purchase of a home in Southern NH which has kept him and his wife very busy for weeks.  "It is what it is."  Again, Ed, thanks to you for all your work (and to your XYL for putting up with it all) during this particularly hectic time.  In fact we really need to thank all the wives and "significant others" who were very understanding and tolerant of us all for giving their time to this project.

We'd like to particularly thank and commend every one of you who helped maintain the Fairgrounds and restore it to it's original state before 6:00PM Saturday which allowed all of us to head out to dinner and home in reasonable time.  Having spoken with the Fair Association President I am very happy to report that they were very impressed with the way we left Deerfield.  "The  Association members did a detailed inspection on Sunday (May 6th)", she commented.  "Some of our members didn't know where you held your event"! 

The standard has been set with the Fair Association and we must now strive to maintain it if we wish to continue convening NEAR-Fest at Deerfield.  This means that leaving unsold items and just plain junk behind to avoid paying for disposal for others to remove is completely unacceptable to us.  This is a major source of problems organizers have with venue management and it's one that we would like to see eliminated at Deerfield.   Towards this end we will enforce this edict vigorously. 

We have recovered from the intensity of it all and have been reading your suggestions and comments.  Thus we start to prepare and plan for NEAR-Fest II.  This Message Board is for discussing NEAR-Fest II and what you want to see and do besides buying/selling in the Flea Market. 

MisterMike, W1RC

Offline Don

• Novice
Re: NEAR-Fest II is Coming to a Fairground Near YOU!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 12:08:03 PM »
Anyone know if tickets are on sale for the October NEAR-Fest?  If so, where do I mail my check to get them.
thanxs, Don

Offline WB2SRF

• Novice
Mike W1RC, Thank you
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 04:56:46 PM »
Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting the info on the Super 8 Motel, I placed my reservation today. Also sent a check for the admission.

Looking forward to the event

Bob Johansen WB2SRF