Welcome to the Near-Fest 2015 Fall Season Ham Jam!ALL
musicians are welcome to come in and play and be part of the Near-Fest musical community.
Generally, nothing is formal. If you wish to play certain songs, let us know ahead of time
! There’s no guarantee that it will be played, but it will give those who are interested and
motivated, time to learn that particular song. Don’t be shy, speak up!
Any/all genres or musical styles are welcome. The dominant trend (but not exclusively), has typically been rock’ish – But THAT really depends on who
shows up and plays! You as a participant make it what it is!
The general courtesy guidelines apply
• Have Fun!
• Show up early to both set up, and assist anyone who needs help with their equipment
• When playing, do your best to keep the volume down – It effects all of us and even moreso, those who aren’t amplified?
I’ve also observed in the past, the crowd thinning out because the volume was too uncomfortable for them.
Make it good for everyone.
• It’s best to keep the 100-Watter’s at home. It’s a small room and you don’t need much to be heard.
• Give others a chance to come up and play. It may require one to either not play, or just to sit back for a while and enjoy the entertainment. It can get really crowded at times.
• Accommodate those who have quieter or acoustic instruments. Adjust accordingly.
• At the end of the night, it’s everyone’s responsibility to help our sound person take down and pack up the PA equipment.
He volunteers his own equipment and time at no cost to others. We need to show our appreciation to make it worth his time.
...And did I mention… Have Fun!
If you have any questions, just post it here and we’ll try to respond.