Author Topic: *** NEW *** - Spring 2016 HAMfest Video...  (Read 1857 times)

Offline WA1ZCQ

• General
    • WA1ZCQ Info.
*** NEW *** - Spring 2016 HAMfest Video...
« on: May 22, 2016, 07:57:00 PM »
Deerfield HAMfest Spring 2016 VIDEO is ready to be viewed - HERE!Deerfield HAMfest Spring 2016 VIDEO is ready to be viewed - HERE!

Deerfield HAMfest Spring 2016 VIDEO is ready to be viewed - HERE!

CLICK HERE  ->  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gy7w5ujrs&feature=youtu.be

Offline DrOptigan

• Broadcast Crew
  • Advanced
  • The guy with the big red Farfisa, aka KB1YTN/AE
    • Adam's Homepage of Old Stuff
Re: *** NEW *** - Spring 2016 HAMfest Video...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 01:41:31 AM »
Great video! And nice to hear some audio from the "Ham Jam" near the end! I've long been telling Burt to come and see our jams, and he apparently taped the beginning of it, at the least (or downloaded Bri's recording, hard to tell since there's no video). Still works, at the least.  ;D
-Adam
Still not Don Henley (or Axl Rose)

Offline k1oik

• General
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 08:41:13 PM »
Thanks for the comment on the video. I stole the ham jam recording from another posting. I would have gotten some video but several years ago I went it was supposed to start at 830 and I left at 915 as they were still farting around with the setup

Offline DrOptigan

• Broadcast Crew
  • Advanced
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 03:35:42 AM »
Thanks for the comment on the video. I stole the ham jam recording from another posting. I would have gotten some video but several years ago I went it was supposed to start at 830 and I left at 915 as they were still farting around with the setup

We're trying to get better on the set-up time thing. Admittedly, it can be somewhat shaky since it takes some jammers longer to get in and get their gear in place than others (and I'm not blameless, admittedly, since my keyboard setup can take awhile to get up and running), but we're working on it. An example is that recording you used; I think we had a grand total of three or four jammers, all of which were getting set up at the time, and we decided to make an early go of it to get warmed up and keep the crowd entertained. Hopefully, you'll make another attempt at recording us, and hopefully we'll have something for you to record. :)
-Adam

Offline k1oik

• General
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 09:04:52 PM »

We're trying to get better on the set-up time thing. Admittedly, it can be somewhat shaky since it takes some jammers longer to get in and get their gear in place than others (and I'm not blameless, admittedly, since my keyboard setup can take awhile to get up and running), but we're working on it. An example is that recording you used; I think we had a grand total of three or four jammers, all of which were getting set up at the time, and we decided to make an early go of it to get warmed up and keep the crowd entertained. Hopefully, you'll make another attempt at recording us, and hopefully we'll have something for you to record. :)
-Adam

I would have loved to include video if you say 830 setup at 730 or say 930 and setup at 830. I wasn't the only one who left some time back after waiting 45 minutes. What do you think ham's reactions would be if the gates opened at 945 when scheduled to open at 9?

Offline DrOptigan

• Broadcast Crew
  • Advanced
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 02:24:28 AM »
I would have loved to include video if you say 830 setup at 730 or say 930 and setup at 830. I wasn't the only one who left some time back after waiting 45 minutes. What do you think ham's reactions would be if the gates opened at 945 when scheduled to open at 9?

I'm pretty sure the NEAR-Fest operation involves a fair bit more set-up time than we get, and is therefore more than a tad better organized. Usually, we expect to start setting up the jam around 7PM, and hope to get going by 8. Of course, sometimes the room isn't free at 7, and even if it is, we're unlikely to have all of the involved jammers ready to go in at the same time (probably would get confusing, anyway). Personally, I do my best to start carting my gear into the jam building around 7, and try to get it all up and running as quickly as possible. The others do their best to do the same, I'm sure. Anyway, again, hope to see you at the next jam, and if so, I hope we have something for you to record when you get there.
-Adam

Offline Bri

• House Band mis-leader
  • Extra
  • Boogie till you puke
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 12:06:05 AM »
Just to clarify from my perspective;

The jam is just that. A jam.
No one is paid and players arrive when they feel they can get there and when the building is empty.

Sure we would like it to be "The Near-Fest Entertainment" when selling winds down but the reality is,
people are there mainly to buy/sell gear with the jam as a secondary distraction.
Life sometime gets in the way.

Some have tried to make hard and fast military rules and schedules for the jam.
Didn't work. It starts when it starts and ends when it ends.

Perhaps one of the players can bring a GoPro and send you a clip to add to your video next time.

Bri
The only thing to fear is fear itself.....and crazy bat-shit people. We should really fear crazy bat-shit people.