Author Topic: Ham Jam Spring 2024  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Whoz Your Daddy

• Rick
  • Extra
  • Extra
    • Who'z Your Daddy?
Ham Jam Spring 2024
« on: April 06, 2024, 06:34:04 PM »
Hi everyone! Who'z in for the Ham-Jam?
NEAR-Fest XXXV  Thursday-Friday April 25 & 26, 2024
The Jam will be Thursday April 25
Roughly 8:00pm!  All are welcome to play! Or just come listen!
I have the PA Covered!
Bill M. has the electronic drum kit!
Bring your Instuments and Small Amp & Any Tabs and/or Lyrics
T.B.A. I'm still unsure of the build we will be using. But we will be indoors, either the building we have been using or the one we used prior.
If you have any questions please post them. Or if you rather contact me directly e-mail at RickXAllen@Yahoo.com

Thank You! 73's
Rick Allen
KA1VNJ
Extra KA1VNJ

Offline AA2OZ

• Advanced
Re: Ham Jam Spring 2024
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 09:56:48 PM »
Wow,
What a significant month. We had an earthquake, an eclipse, and the ham jam occuring on a Thursday. The first 2 were no big deal, but the third one it truly a once in a lifetime event and should not be missed by anyone. I am surprised that the major news networks did not pick up on this. I am in.
Who else?

Offline n1iro

• Technician
  • Wecome New Member!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 06:07:13 PM »
Vermont Bill here....
I will be bringing the electronic drum set.  Ollie fixed the truck so we can go.  I am a little slower than normal, recovering from surgery, so guest drummers are a requirement.

Offline AA2OZ

• Advanced
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 12:48:00 AM »
Awesome Bill,
Johnny from Albany NY here. I am also hobbling around with a back injury. I am looking around for a relatively light but rockin guitar and amp combo to bring. Yes, again my equipment quality will exceed my playing ability, but I want to hang with everybody once more.
I probably won't set up a table this time to save my back, but if anyone wants to borrow anything please let me know.

Thanks to you, Rick, Mr. Mike, and all the others who keep this thing going.

Logistics question - have we determined which building we will be in? Both are great, but I really don't want to drag heavy stuff further than necessary.

73's
John   AC2XN   formally AA2OZ

Offline Whoz Your Daddy

• Rick
  • Extra
  • Extra
    • Who'z Your Daddy?
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 03:55:47 PM »
Hi everyone!
Wow, Awesome Nearfest! Felt a bit strange doing the Jam on a Thursday night, but we still pulled it off...
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Thank you all for helping to bring together the Jam and making the Nearfest such a good time!
What a great room to have the Jam too! We are all so appreciative! Very easy to get equipment in & out. Clean & warm.
Special thanks Phil, Kelly & the Team!,  the audience, All that played & sang, and those that helped out!

I?m looking forward to the fall Nearfest! Have a great summer!

Sincerely,
Rick
KA1VNJ
RickXAllen@Yahoo.com
Extra KA1VNJ