Author Topic: Welcome Back  (Read 4583 times)

G

Welcome Back
« on: February 02, 2008, 02:35:13 AM »
 I   trust everyone had a great holiday season!

As the cold winter days start to get longer and sooner or later warmer we are gearing up for another great event.  I hope to see you all there!!

G

Offline ab1dd

• General
Re: Welcome Back
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 05:00:19 PM »
Good to see some activity here. It's been too long without a fest to go to. Oh, the RANV hamfest in Milton, Vt. is on Feb. 23! (WWW.RANV.ORG) for anyone interested.
Looking forward to Deerfield, though.

Carl
AB1DD

Offline K1WIZ

• Extra
    • Pirate Ship FM @ NearFest
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 02:54:48 PM »
Looking forward to it!  On behalf of the rest of the Pirate Ship Radio crew, I will just say we have our calendars marked, and this time we're armed and packin'!

Here's what we will bring to the Spring '08 Fester:

1) not one but TWO after dark old time time radio programs!  We will do 2 OTR programs on TWO nights!  Our crew will be setup and ready to broadcast and hopefully flip the magic switch by 5PM on Thursday, MAY 1st.  This is a special treat to all those dedicated 'festers who come far and wide to faithfully join in the event and camping over on Thursday Night.  Our broadcast frequency will be 95.1FM and as usual, we'll be providing coverage in stereo.  If you are camping on Thursday night, tune in and join us for some old time radio fun! 

2) If all goes as planned, we will also be providing internet access (for a small fee) via our wifi LAN.  Just look for the "N1WIL" wifi network on any wifi enabled machine.

3) Wider spectrum of musical programming and special announcements and information.

4) Superior signal using all commercial equipment for best sound and transmission quality.

5) Announcements will also be simulcast on 146.535MHz (Simplex) using a PL of 100Hz so you can listen with Tone squelch enabled.

See you all in May!

Offline K2KI

• Novice
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 11:34:42 PM »
I am so pleased that my daughter, Sarah (kb1ljv) and I will be able to attend Near-Fest this spring. It has been the force driving me through the winter  8)

On another note, The St. Albans Amateur Radio Club (STARC) has a web site with forums. I invite the Near-Fest PR person to visit the forums and post an ad about Near-Fest in the section devoted to Hamfest ads.

The forum address is:
http://www.starc.org/smf/index.php

While there, you can read up on the 2 day STARC 2008 Summer Hamfest that starts on Friday  August 15th and continues thru Saturday August 16th.

Contact Arn Benjamin (N1ARN)
Home = 802-285-6457
Cell = 802-309-0666

Oops... Did I just insert a commercial? Sorry!  :P
73, cul...
Bob de k2ki

-
Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most!

Offline W1RC

• NEAR-Fest Founder & Benevolent Dictator.
  • Administrator
  • Extra
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 11:15:29 AM »
I am so pleased that my daughter, Sarah (kb1ljv) and I will be able to attend Near-Fest this spring. It has been the force driving me through the winter  8)

Thanks for the greets!  We look forward to seeing you and Sarah at NEAR-Fest III. 

If Sarah is under 18 she will not require a ticket.  She will be our gueat.

MisterMike

Offline K2KI

• Novice
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 03:34:11 PM »
Hey Mr. Mike,

Sarah is 16. She is more excited about this than I am. (Well, maybe we are both as excited. hi hi).

I am considering the Motel 6 deal that you posted. I just need to check the fundage situation first...

I upgraded your permission on the STARC forums. Please post a little blurb about Near-Fest in the Ham Fest section please.

73, cul...
Bob de k2ki

-
Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most!