Author Topic: Deerfield travel, Dining update**Candia Rd Bridge open**  (Read 2749 times)

Offline KB1OBH

• General
Deerfield travel, Dining update**Candia Rd Bridge open**
« on: April 17, 2008, 11:34:14 PM »
Hello all,
The Candia Road bridge is now OPEN.  Again most of you would not notice the difference, except for those who stayed in John Garlands field last year.  This leaves us with one road STILL CLOSED a full year after the floods.  For those of you coming from the north and were planning to use Center Hill Rd to Griffin Rd back road path, that bridge is still gone as well, and as of right now, the town of Epsom has no plans to fix it.  If you are just sticking to the main roads this will not affect you at all.  This is just for those of you like me who break out the maps and find scenic ways of traveling.

FOOD **UPDATE**We have a new place to eat in town called the Lovin' Spoonful.  It is cheap, friendly and very tastey.  It is in the Commerce Corner plaza (new since last year) between Parade and Nottingham roads.  It is right on 107 in the middle of town.  They are open until 7 and make one heck of a lunch for those of you coming up early.
I also forgot that the Cafe next door to my apartment that some of you tried last year is under new management.  The service is still slow, but the food is cheaper and there is a more down to earth menu.  The food is quite good.  They are open Mon-Sat 10:30am to 9:00pm and Sunday 9-2.  That is at 4 North Rd right in the center of town and is called The Lion Cafe.

KB1OBH

Offline KB1OBH

• General
Re: Deerfield travel, Dining update**Candia Rd Bridge open**
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 04:51:15 PM »
See above for updates.