Author Topic: F.C.C. Volunteer EXAMS - When and Where!  (Read 4586 times)

Offline W1RC

• NEAR-Fest Founder & Benevolent Dictator.
  • Administrator
  • Extra
F.C.C. Volunteer EXAMS - When and Where!
« on: April 30, 2008, 11:33:25 AM »
Once again the volunteer licensing exams will he given by Bruce Anderson, W1LUS and his team of volunteer examiners.  The exams will be held on Saturday October 11th at 10:00 AM in the Meeting Room which is is located behind the building just across from the Administration Building at the Flagpole.

Your first landmark after finding the flagpole is the stone outline of the Town of Deerfield which stands just outside the front of the building.

Walk around the back and you will see the double doors.

Inside is the meeting room.

NEAR-Fest thanks Bruce and his team for their wonderful work in this important aspect of our Hobby.

Study hard and we wish you good luck with your exams.  Remember if you are successful in obtaining or upgrading your amateur radio license at the NEAR-Fest examining session you will receive a complimentary ticket to NEAR-Fest V (which will be held on May 1st and 2nd 2009) with our congratulations. However to receive it you must present yourself at the Closing Ceremony and Grand Prize Drawing at 2:00PM in the Relaxation Grove.  Regretfully lack of manpower does not allow us to mail them out.

MisterMike

Offline N1FU

• General
Re: F.C.C. Volunteer EXAMS - When and Where!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 08:20:14 PM »
 Just curious if the tickets that are going to be given for those that passed the exam also include those that upgraded as well. If so will they be mailed or will they be given at the time the doors open? I read that tickets were not going to be mailed and I don't think I will be at any other hamfests between now and then.That is why I ask. Thanks Randy

Todd, KA1KAQ

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 03:19:41 PM »
The original statement from last year reads as follows:

Anyone who upgrades or passes an amateur radio licensing exam will receive a free
ticket to the next NEAR-Fest if they present themselves at the Closing Ceremonies at
the Relaxation Grove immediately after the exam session.

So if you upgrade or otherwise pass a license exam at NEAR-Fest, simply make sure you are that the door prize drawing/Closing ceremonies (around 2 PM I think) for your free ticket.

By the way - Exams will be at 10 AM this time, same location.

Offline W1RC

• NEAR-Fest Founder & Benevolent Dictator.
  • Administrator
  • Extra
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 03:06:08 PM »
Several people did present themselves at the Command Post trailer in May.  Having produced documentation indicating that they had been successful in obtaining or upgrading their license they were given their complimentary tickets to NEAR-Fest IV.

MisterMike

Offline W1LUS

• General
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 09:29:59 PM »
Any ARRL VE's that would like to help with the running of the VE exams this Fall please contact Bruce Anderson, W1LUS, at W1LUS@arrl.net