Author Topic: NEAR-Fest IV jam session videos!  (Read 4209 times)

Offline KE1L

• Technician
NEAR-Fest IV jam session videos!
« on: November 12, 2008, 07:56:07 AM »
I got video of a few of the songs performed at the jam session, and I've been uploading them to YouTube... check my channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDulcey. Ain't No Sunshine is already up, When I Come Around is on the way as I write this, and Come Together, The Weight, and Keep Your Hands To Yourself will follow.

Mark Dulcey  KE1L

Offline Bri

• House Band mis-leader
  • Extra
  • Boogie till you puke
Re: NEAR-Fest IV jam session videos!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 03:15:04 AM »
Thanks to Mark for putting these up.
Great quality video, How'd you do it?

Guess I need to work on my vocals a bit. Ohh well, I still had a great time and can't wait till spring.
Anyone else have any video's of the jam??

Once again,
Thanks Mark!!

Bri

The only thing to fear is fear itself.....and crazy bat-shit people. We should really fear crazy bat-shit people.

Offline KE1L

• Technician
Re: NEAR-Fest IV jam session videos!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 12:03:34 AM »
These were done with a Canon A590IS digital camera -- not even a camcorder, a digital still camera with some video capability. (A highly recommended camera for those looking for one, BTW; I don't think you can do better for the current price of $130 or less.)

The camera captures 640x480 20fps MJPEG video, which I uploaded directly to YouTube. (Fortunately, I've got BIG flash memory cards; the 16GB SD card can hold nearly four hours of video even at the high quality setting.) My current video software doesn't handle MJPEG so I couldn't do any editing. The Canon doesn't let you zoom during video clips (you can zoom before starting recording, but once you start you're stuck with one zoom level) so the compositional choices are limited. And with only one camera I wasn't going to be doing any cuts so I limited myself to slow pans - don't want to get people dizzy watching! I did my best to get at least a little bit of each musician in each song.

All I've got are on YouTube now. This was all done handheld so it's subject to my limits of holding the camera steady! The image stabilization helps bigtime; there is no way that handheld video would be anywhere near as steady without it.