Author Topic: Don't Let Weather Forecasts Scare You Off!  (Read 4675 times)

Offline W1RC

• NEAR-Fest Founder & Benevolent Dictator.
  • Administrator
  • Extra
Don't Let Weather Forecasts Scare You Off!
« on: October 15, 2009, 11:08:44 AM »
It's 0700 on Thursday October 15th and I am preparing to leave for Deerfield this morning.  The weather forecasts may not look very hospitable but always remember: weather forecasters are the only people who can be wrong more than 50% of the time and still keep their jobs!

Even if the weather is less than optimal, who cares?  I mean, this is New England - if you don't like the weather wait ten minutes.  Seriously, we're on for tomorrow and Saturday rain or shine, heat or cold. 

I've heard some talk on the air speculating about the weather and whether some people are going to attend or not because of it.

The key is to dress weather appropriately.  I remember some of the greatest times I've ever had at hamfests in the pouring rain.  as Ed, our esteemed Treasurer says: "It is what it is!"

Seriously, this is OUR hamfest.  We need everyone's support if it is to survive.  Screw the weather reports - they're wrong most of the time anyways.

See YOU there!!!!

MisterMike, W1RC

Offline N2GCZ

• Novice
Re: Don't Let Weather Forecasts Scare You Off!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 11:34:39 AM »
You are right!! ;D

We are also leaving today coming from Southern New York.   It's only rain.  We are selling and buying!!!

Bring on the deals!!  ;)

Joe
N2GCZ
&
Norm
N2GKM

Offline Bri

• House Band mis-leader
  • Extra
  • Boogie till you puke
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 04:12:51 PM »
Ty and I will be there, guitar and drums in tow.
Bring on the weather. I don't care what it'll be.
I just wanna see some friends, get some toys and play some music.

I'll see you there Friday afternoon (Ty's got exams so I got to wait till their over)

Bri

The only thing to fear is fear itself.....and crazy bat-shit people. We should really fear crazy bat-shit people.

Offline Bri

• House Band mis-leader
  • Extra
  • Boogie till you puke
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 06:59:37 PM »
Just got great news. Ty's exams have been moved to next week.
We'll either be there tonight or bright and early in the morning.

See you all soon.

Bri

The only thing to fear is fear itself.....and crazy bat-shit people. We should really fear crazy bat-shit people.

Offline N1KXR

• Technician
  • Owner: N1KXR/B Propagation Beacon - 28.289.50
    • N1KXR's Homepage
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 07:23:32 PM »
Got the boxes all packed and waiting to load onto the truck as I type. I can't make it tonight, but, we (my buddy and I), are hitting the road at zero-dark-thirty Friday morning to be there when the gates open.

I'm going to do some selling, do some buying, do some visiting...and do some eating! This year I'm ~not~ going to miss out on the apple crisp like I did the last trip! :(

Offline Whoz Your Daddy

• Rick
  • Extra
  • Extra
    • Who'z Your Daddy?
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 09:16:05 PM »
It's gonna be beautiful out! What's everyone talking about! Me & Pops will be up there tonight(thursday)! The forcasts say a chance of rain! That means there's a chance of sun too!
see ya all there!
rick
Extra KA1VNJ