Author Topic: NEAR-Fest Fall 2009  (Read 3438 times)

Offline W1VFB

• Extra
NEAR-Fest Fall 2009
« on: October 17, 2009, 09:14:43 PM »
Once again, "A JOB WELL DONE" goes out to Mr. Mike and his crew.  You did a fantastic job.  If the weather down in Southeastern Mass had been better you probably would have gotten more people.  I was very pleased that the weather in Deerfield was as good as it was.  Ol' Mother Nature looked down on the Fest and blessed us with a great weekend.  Other that some chilly temperatures and breezes the weekend was fantastic.

I hope that all the vendors and tailgaters had a fruitful weekend and made plenty of money and didn't have to take much home with them.  I have to say that the best bargain that I found at the Fest was from "Fisher Cable".  He had woolen military mittens.  After some of us old guys figured out that the mittens were ambidextrous they worked out great.  I know that my fingers were the coldest part of me before I found the gloves.  And they were a great price. A dollar a pair or you could have bought 6 pair for five dollars.  Such a deal!!
I hope that Bri had a great Jam session on Friday night.

Once again, great job Mr. Mike and all your crew and I am looking forward to the spring fest. 
See you all again.
Catch ya!!
Greg
W1VFB  73

Offline K1BOS

• General
Re: NEAR-Fest Fall 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 10:52:06 PM »
Thank you Mr. Mike and and crew! All of us in the PRA/GEMOTO crowd had a great time and the weather turned out just fine! Thanks for all you guys do. Great Fester.

John  K1BOS

Offline WA1RB

• General
Re: NEAR-Fest Fall 2009
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 11:10:43 PM »
Great to see all the familiar faces and make some new friends at the same time.  The weather was far better than the forecasts and despite the chilly air, the sun was warm and a good time was had.   Huge thanks to Mr. Mike and the entire crew for all of their hard work and dedication to the event and the hobby.  Raven & I are already counting the days the next NEAR-fest in the spring :)

Cheers all,

Ron - WA1RB