Author Topic: NEAR-Fest "EVENT STAFF" T-shirts  (Read 4750 times)

Offline N1KXR

• Technician
  • Owner: N1KXR/B Propagation Beacon - 28.289.50
    • N1KXR's Homepage
NEAR-Fest "EVENT STAFF" T-shirts
« on: December 22, 2009, 10:58:59 AM »
Greetings,

I would like to suggest that NEAR-Fest officials and volunteers wear T-shirts with "OFFICIAL",  "STAFF", "PARKING", ETC. on them, to make these persons more easily recognizable. Oh sure they wear NEAR-Fest badges, but ~everyone~ wears a badge of some kind at a Ham-fest!

The shirts don't have to be screaming lime-yellow like a DPW crew would wear. However they could be a simple one or two color T-shirt, with a nice design that would make the wearer distinguishable as a NEAR-Fest worker as they move around the grounds.

To help cover the costs of making these T-shirts (and create a collectors item), they could offer that year's NEAR-Fest design T-shirts for sale, just modified a bit, to reflect that those T-shirts were being worn by attendees.

I think this would be most helpful. As a seller at NEAR-Fest VI I was asked several times by people how they could find a NEAR-Fest representative. The best I could do was point them in the direction of the Relaxation Grove and wish them well.

Just a polite and respectful suggestion.

Offline W1RC

• NEAR-Fest Founder & Benevolent Dictator.
  • Administrator
  • Extra
Re: NEAR-Fest "EVENT STAFF" T-shirts
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 01:41:10 PM »
We thought of this but there are reasons why it isn't practical.  First of all, everybody is a volunteer and as such are not "on duty" all the time.  Having to change shirts is a pain.

Also we'd either have to give them to everybody which is a considerable expense or chase everybody down to recover them, neither of which are really do-able.

We, (the management team) had nice grey golf shirts with our names embroidered on them for NEAR-Fest I but by the third one everybody pretty much knew who we were and we stopped wearing them.

Thanks for your suggestion.

MrMike.

Offline N1KXR

• Technician
  • Owner: N1KXR/B Propagation Beacon - 28.289.50
    • N1KXR's Homepage
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 01:01:36 PM »
MrMike,

Thanks for the reply, and the explanation.

>sigh< I guess there goes my chance to impress the wife by bringing her home a NEAR-Fest T-Shirt...  ;D

See you in April!

Offline Nat

• General
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 06:44:41 PM »
Hats with antennas??

;D

Todd, KA1KAQ

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 08:24:06 PM »
The biggest issue with wearing anything more than an outside badge is the WX. I wear my NEAR-Fest staff shirt to every event, but half the time it's covered by a jacket.

Watch for the large red/white/blue badges on lanyards as a way to identify the core staff. If the WX is good, it should be no problem.

Now, if all you're looking for is one of the actual NEAR-Fest event Tees, we should still have a box or two of those left. We try to offer them at the events but it seems most of us manage to stay busy.