Author Topic: crystal radio man  (Read 3101 times)

Offline n1bus

• Technician
crystal radio man
« on: January 19, 2010, 11:02:25 PM »
 There was a man with a bunch of homebrew crystal radios set up in the corner near the cattle corral. He made some really good pieces and desribed being in contests in the boston area. He even showed me a home made galena crystal. Unfortunately I never got his name or the name of the clube he belongs to. Does anyone remember this man and have information? Thanks.

Offline n1nqc

• Novice
Re: crystal radio man
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 10:38:45 PM »
Hi,
 I talked to Mr. Mike today at Marlboro and he said someone was looking for me.
I am  N1QC,Kevin. Do you need info ?

de K

Offline n1bus

• Technician
Re: crystal radio man
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 10:47:43 AM »
 Hello Kevin good to hear back from you. When I was talking to you you mentioned contests for crystal radios. Where are these held? Is there a club that sponsors these competitions? I was impressed by the quality and layout of your projects. I was quite impressed with your home made galena. Do you have photos of your radios on the web? People nowadays think of crystal radios as a toy but many of the principles used with coil configurations and coupling are needed in all aspects of radio. It almost seems that with all the modern digital radios and fancy electronics that the basics are ignored or compensated for by additonal circuitry. Thanks, From Steve N1bus.