Author Topic: The Latest from the Island of Deerfield - Reports from John KB1OBH  (Read 3484 times)

Offline W1RC

• NEAR-Fest Founder & Benevolent Dictator.
  • Administrator
  • Extra
John is a "native Deerfieldian" on the Deerfield Fire Department and Rescue Squad.  He reported to me in an e-mail:

"As of right now I see NO issue with people getting to the fest.  If <fair contact> says the ground are fine than I'm sure they are.  As it gets closer I will send you information on how to get around any roadblocks.  The only long term issue should be people coming from the north as the state has not even begun to repair the Yeaton bridge on 107 North.  It is a very simple detour."

John, KB1OBH

I have given John posting permissions to this Board so he can send us reports on what he sees because he is actually there.

Thanks, John.

MrMike

Offline KB1OBH

• General
Re: The Latest from the Island of Deerfield - Reports from John KB1OBH
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 04:58:21 AM »
As of 0100 on Saturday all main roads are open with no detours.  Those of you going Thursday night to the Garland Farm on Middle road may still have to take a minor detour, I will post it if we can't get the Candia Rd bridge re-opened.

John

Offline KB1OBH

• General
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 01:58:52 PM »
I was at the fair all day Saturday and it looks good.  We have all the boats out of the buildings the fest is going to use and the grounds crew is working 6 days a week to get it fully cleaned up.  The Candia Rd bridge is still closed, but the detour is easy.  If you pull up Deerfield on your preffered mapping site look for Cole Rd, you will see where it intesects with Candia Rd passed the bridge.

John

Offline KB1OBH

• General
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 03:05:39 AM »
Just to anyone going to the Garland farm.  We had to close a bridge on Middle rd in front of #63.  You should be fine if you come in from the Fair end, just don't try to get there from Bear Brook State park.  You will not have much fun trying to turn a camper trailer around at that spot.

John