Author Topic: The Rain In Spain Stays Mainly In The Plain... (And so it does at Deerfield too)  (Read 2922 times)

Offline WA1ZCQ

• General
    • WA1ZCQ Info.
Another Fun HAMfest Has Come and Gone. (Were YOU There?)

What a great time I had at the Fairgrounds on Friday and Saturday. Compared to what the meteorologist were predicting, it was GREAT weather. Yes, there was some rain in the morning on Friday, but it seemed to dissipate by about 11AM. From 11 till about 3PM there was a break in the rain and many people had tables setup with lots of goodies out. Of course there were the commercial buildings for the less hearty souls that were concerned about frizzy hair.  ;-)

By 3PM a light rain was back with us, and so the perfect time to head to the Commercial vendors that were undercover. I had supper at 5PM and then visited with friends till midnight. What a wonderful time. Dressing right, along with carrying a large umbrella made all the difference in the world. It was actually a pleasant day.

Saturday I was up at the crack of dawn to watch the sunrise. Wonderful breakfast, and clear skies for the duration of the HAMfest. The winds throughout the night and early morning on Saturday, helped in the drying process, and just about everything was dried-up. Great day all day Saturday. At 2PM everybody congregated around the Relaxation Grove stage for the grand prize drawing. The majority of attendees departed from 2:30 through 3PM.

It was great seeing everyone, and I am looking forward to the Spring 2011 event, just 6 months away.

I had just as much fun as one year ago. (Take a look, Fall 2009)
http://near-fest.com/index.php?topic=517.msg1605#msg1605