Author Topic: Prepayment of Tickets and Passes - Please Read!  (Read 10747 times)

Offline W1RC

• NEAR-Fest Founder & Benevolent Dictator.
  • Administrator
  • Extra
Prepayment of Tickets and Passes - Please Read!
« on: March 18, 2007, 03:53:42 AM »
This is so amazing that I can still hardly believe it.  WE'RE REALLY GOING BACK TO DEERFIELD!!!!  Many of you have only heard about this wonderful place for the past 15 years.  That's how long we've been in the wilderness, so to speak.  You've heard those of us who have been hamfesting a long time say repeatedly how we really missed Deerfield and longed to return one day! The place has become "larger than life" for many of us and is almost hallowed ground.  My friend Bob W1QWT has often fondly described Deerfield as "The Woodstock of Amateur Radio". 

On Friday May 4th, we're all going back to Deerfield together to hamfest and celebrate our return to where we came from!!!!

If you really want to help us get this incredible happening off the ground and on its way to being a wonderful Deerfield experience please buy your admission tickets and vehicular passes now by mail.  Admission tickets are $10.00 and vehicular passes are $10.00.  Buy as many tickets as you like.  There are no sellers fees.  Please consider buying a vehicular pass even if you don't plan on selling because it allows you to park inside the 'Fest and will help us meet our financial obligations even sooner. 

I am committed to maintaining the entrance costs at the level they have been for the past several years.  Please help us keep them at that level.

You can help us even more by getting together with your buddies, club members, groups, nets, etc. and buying in bulk.  This will save us incredible administrative work in the process.  A couple of fine folks have already started collecting money from others and I am most grateful.  Hopefully this will be the only time we will pre-sell tickets and passes because it's another time-consuming job that can be eliminated once we're sufficiently funded for the next Deerfield this October.

Make checks or money orders payable to The New England Amateur Radio Festival, Inc.  Mail to:

The NEAR-Fest,
PO Box 511
Hartford VT 05047-0511

A Self-addressed stamped envelope will be greatly appreciated.  Tickets and passes are usually mailed out the same day as the $$$ is received. 

Due to time constraints I have discontinued e-mailing receipts.

Please note that there are no advance sales of the $5.00 admission tickets that can only be used after 3:00PM on Friday.

I hope to have the online ticketing system up and running soon.  Payment will be through PayPal and and thus Visa and MasterCard.  However I am not sure when this will be available.  Also consider that we have to pay PayPal a fee which will be about .75 a transaction and although it seems like a reasonable amount to pay (and it is) it is a lot when it adds up over several hundred transactions. 

We have not worked out whether we will issue "E-Tickets" by e-mail or simply operate on a "will call" basis and have them at the gate. We will mail bulk orders out as soon as they are printed.  Yes, we need money for that too!

We are completely dependent on revenues from prepayment of tickets and passes to finance this event.  The earlier you buy them the more you help The NEAR-Fest get off to a good start.  The Fair Committee is expecting $5,000.00 at 6:00 AM Friday morning before they unlock the gates.  Any revenues in excess of our costs for the May event will go towards the next event in October.  We hope each event will fund the next.

Thanks for making our triumphant return to Deerfield after fifteen years in the wilderness a reality.

MisterMike, W1RC

Offline Ed KB1HVS

• Novice
Re: Prepayment of Tickets and Passes - Please Read!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 09:51:39 PM »
Thank You! Im really looking forward to this! Im hoping my XYL will join me. Will a automobile pass allow us to pitch a tent?

Offline W1RC

• Administrator
  • Extra
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 11:43:30 AM »
Yes it will.  The only charge for overnight will be for RVs who utilize the water and electricity hookups.  We will have to collect $30.00 for the Fair Association.
Thank You! Im really looking forward to this! Im hoping my XYL will join me. Will a automobile pass allow us to pitch a tent?

Offline n1bok

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 01:03:49 PM »
HI,
DOES THE $30.00 FEE COVER THE RV AND ENTRY OR IS THE $30.00 FOR HOOKUPS WITH A $10.00 ENTRY FEE?
WOULD LIKE TO PAY IN ADVANCE.
THANKS

Offline NT1I

• Novice
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 01:47:46 PM »
Great news, even though I think of Dearfield as in the wilderness!

It's nice to keep the tradition.

So if I buy a car pass, I still need to pay the $10 early admission as well, correct?
And one for each passenger as well if I had any?

NT1I

Offline W1RC

• Administrator
  • Extra
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 03:39:14 PM »
The $30.00 fee is only for hooking up.  It goes directly to the Fair Committee.  You pay this fee when you arrive.  The $10.00 entry fee is not included in the $30.00 hookup charge.

MrMike

HI,
DOES THE $30.00 FEE COVER THE RV AND ENTRY OR IS THE $30.00 FOR HOOKUPS WITH A $10.00 ENTRY FEE?
WOULD LIKE TO PAY IN ADVANCE.
THANKS

Offline AB2IX

• Technician
  • Class: Extra
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 04:52:30 PM »
Re RV Hookup Cost: Will hookup area be viable for selling? Where is the area on the map?

So, confirming: Early entry with 1 person using RV Hookup=

$10 Early Entry, $10 selling spot, $30 RV hookup = $50

In case my wife won't let me bring the RV what local accomodations are available. (21 years ago we stayed in Manchester - maybe it is still the same!)

73 de AB2IX

Adrian

n1wil

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 05:29:53 PM »
Question:

a few friends and I are setting up a broadcast facility.  We obviously need electricity for that.  The transmitter is only 30 watts and we only run it at about 15 - 20, plus electrical needs for 1 computer and mixing console. 

I would like to pay in advance but I need to know if we are required to pay for the 30 dollar charge, or is that primarily for water? 

I am bringing at least 10 "associates", so that's about 10 admissions right there plus about 3-4 vehicular admissions as well.

Regards,

John, N1WIL

Offline W1RC

• Administrator
  • Extra
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 07:09:50 PM »
I do not have the information regarding the electricity on the site not specifically tied to a RV hookup.  I'll find out from my contact and get back to you.

MrMike

Question:

a few friends and I are setting up a broadcast facility.  We obviously need electricity for that.  The transmitter is only 30 watts and we only run it at about 15 - 20, plus electrical needs for 1 computer and mixing console. 

I would like to pay in advance but I need to know if we are required to pay for the 30 dollar charge, or is that primarily for water? 

I am bringing at least 10 "associates", so that's about 10 admissions right there plus about 3-4 vehicular admissions as well.

Regards,

John, N1WIL

Offline Roger

• Novice
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 12:28:49 PM »
The money will be in mail today for 2 and a vehicles...we hope the washrooms are in better shape then I remembered them! !...but hams can work around just about anything
Roger  VE1VCE

Todd, KA1KAQ

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 02:58:22 PM »
Roger, I've been to the Deerfield Fair a few times since then (late 90s onward) and  the rest rooms were much cleaner and better kept. Hopefully they remain so.

Offline W1RC

• Administrator
  • Extra
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 09:01:37 PM »
Your total is correct but there is no selling charge.  It should read "vehicle pass".  I am not sure where the hookups are on the map but I'll find out and post an updated map.
Re RV Hookup Cost: Will hookup area be viable for selling? Where is the area on the map?

So, confirming: Early entry with 1 person using RV Hookup=

$10 Early Entry, $10 selling spot, $30 RV hookup = $50

In case my wife won't let me bring the RV what local accomodations are available. (21 years ago we stayed in Manchester - maybe it is still the same!)

73 de AB2IX

Adrian

Offline NE1S

• Novice
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 01:02:03 PM »
Hi Mr. Mike!

It was good hanging out with you last Saturday.

I know it's probably being worked on, but I would like to suggest the following information be dsiplayed prominently on the near-fest.com page, so that folks won't need to hunt for it:

"Make checks or money orders payable to The New England Amateur Radio Festival, Inc.  Mail to:

The NEAR-Fest,
PO Box 511
Hartford VT 05047-0511

Please include name, callsign and e-mail address.  You will receive a receipt by e-mail. 

Please note that there are no advance sales of the $5.00 admission tickets that can only be used after 3:00PM on Friday."

Again I wan't to express my sincerest appreciation for your taking the initiative in this endeavor, and you have my support in any way I am able to assist.

-Larry/NE1S

Offline kb1fxy

• Technician
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 04:09:14 AM »
Hi Guys... I would HIGHLY recommend you post this notice of the availability of pre-payment on the homepage.  I heard through the grapevine it was hidden in the forums.  I for one will be sending a personal check for my pre-payment.  Thanks to all who helped make this happen!

Also, I'd recommend a notice on the home page to visit the forums; alot of good info in here and answers to alot of questions.  Can't wait until May!

Offline KB1OBH

• General
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 03:48:11 AM »
Hey all,
I am a new ham but a life long Deerfieldian so if anyone needs directions or wants to know where to grab a good bite to eat shoot me an e-mail or call me on the W1SRA repeater 147.000 pl of 100.  I actually work part time for the fair, but will only be in and out for the gathering as I have to work my regular job.

John KB1OBH