Author Topic: Road detours in NH (minor)  (Read 3671 times)

Offline W1JS

• Advanced
Road detours in NH (minor)
« on: April 30, 2007, 01:52:38 PM »
Just a couple of notes of road closures and detours in NH to/from NEAR-fest:

For y'all coming in from the Keene NH area, Route 101 west of Manchester is closed in Wilton, NH (just west of Milford).  There is just a short detour around the landslide area through the center of Wilton.  (I understand this morning - Thursday - that the 101 detour is gone, the main road is passable)

Route 102 just south of Exit 5 on Route 101 is closed from a bridge washout.  From the map, it looks like it involves Route 107 also, but there also appears to be a work around through the center of Raymond.

If you are coming down Route I-89 from VT area, be aware that from Exit 4 to Route 93, the speed limit has dropped to 55 due to road construction.

Drive safe. 

Todd, KA1KAQ

Re: Road detours in NH (minor)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 03:17:04 PM »
Hey Jack -

Any issues that you can see with the old Deerfield Rte 4 approach, beyond the usual traffic? I went from traveling that road regularly in the late 90s to only making the occasional trip, the last one being a year ago. Curious to know if they have any construction or other potential traps?

Thanks 

Offline W1JS

• Advanced
Re: Road detours in NH (minor)
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 04:33:35 PM »
No, there is really no issues with that route, if you want to deal with the traffic.  Basically it is I-89 south to I-93 north to I-393 east. Then I-393 merges into 4-202-9.  The I-93 and I-393 route bypasses Concord.  I used to go that way to Deerfield all the time when I lived in Henniker.  But these days I live in Weare and work in Exeter and 101 goes right through Exeter.  Years ago 101 east of Manchester used to be a blend of divided highway and two lanes through various towns.  These days it is a nice 4 lane divided highway from Manchester to Hampton (route I-95).  Speed limit is 65, but you hardly find anyone traveling less than 70 mph.  Even when I go to Maine from home these days, I take 101 even though the 4-202-9 way is shorter.  Y'all can put on the cruise control and listen to the tunes...

Jack