NEAR-Fest Archives - Message Boards and Posting from Previous Events. > NEAR-Fest XIX - April 29 & 30, 2016

*** NEW *** - Spring 2016 HAMfest Video...

(1/2) > >>

WA1ZCQ:
Deerfield HAMfest Spring 2016 VIDEO is ready to be viewed - HERE!Deerfield HAMfest Spring 2016 VIDEO is ready to be viewed - HERE!

Deerfield HAMfest Spring 2016 VIDEO is ready to be viewed - HERE!

CLICK HERE  ->  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gy7w5ujrs&feature=youtu.be

DrOptigan:
Great video! And nice to hear some audio from the "Ham Jam" near the end! I've long been telling Burt to come and see our jams, and he apparently taped the beginning of it, at the least (or downloaded Bri's recording, hard to tell since there's no video). Still works, at the least.  ;D
-Adam
Still not Don Henley (or Axl Rose)

k1oik:
Thanks for the comment on the video. I stole the ham jam recording from another posting. I would have gotten some video but several years ago I went it was supposed to start at 830 and I left at 915 as they were still farting around with the setup

DrOptigan:

--- Quote from: k1oik on May 23, 2016, 04:41:13 PM ---Thanks for the comment on the video. I stole the ham jam recording from another posting. I would have gotten some video but several years ago I went it was supposed to start at 830 and I left at 915 as they were still farting around with the setup

--- End quote ---

We're trying to get better on the set-up time thing. Admittedly, it can be somewhat shaky since it takes some jammers longer to get in and get their gear in place than others (and I'm not blameless, admittedly, since my keyboard setup can take awhile to get up and running), but we're working on it. An example is that recording you used; I think we had a grand total of three or four jammers, all of which were getting set up at the time, and we decided to make an early go of it to get warmed up and keep the crowd entertained. Hopefully, you'll make another attempt at recording us, and hopefully we'll have something for you to record. :)
-Adam

k1oik:

--- Quote from: DrOptigan on May 26, 2016, 11:35:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: k1oik on May 23, 2016, 04:41:13 PM ---Thanks for the comment on the video. I stole the ham jam recording from another posting. I would have gotten some video but several years ago I went it was supposed to start at 830 and I left at 915 as they were still farting around with the setup

--- End quote ---

We're trying to get better on the set-up time thing. Admittedly, it can be somewhat shaky since it takes some jammers longer to get in and get their gear in place than others (and I'm not blameless, admittedly, since my keyboard setup can take awhile to get up and running), but we're working on it. An example is that recording you used; I think we had a grand total of three or four jammers, all of which were getting set up at the time, and we decided to make an early go of it to get warmed up and keep the crowd entertained. Hopefully, you'll make another attempt at recording us, and hopefully we'll have something for you to record. :)
-Adam

--- End quote ---

I would have loved to include video if you say 830 setup at 730 or say 930 and setup at 830. I wasn't the only one who left some time back after waiting 45 minutes. What do you think ham's reactions would be if the gates opened at 945 when scheduled to open at 9?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version