Author Topic: I?ve got a lot to do!  (Read 2742 times)

Offline KB1NZN

• Administrator
  • Extra
I?ve got a lot to do!
« on: March 15, 2020, 09:35:07 AM »
Schedule for today:

Soap, waster and scrub. Oh, wait, gotta get out of bed first..

Ok, soap, water and scrub...just a second, I guess I should pee first?

Soap, water and scrub..now the dog needs to pee? I suppose she wants to be fed too. Should I scrub before I feed you (ears pop up). I guess not because Jen said when she researched it dogs cannot catch this virus.

Soap, water and scrub...hold on, should I load the dishwasher with the dirty dishes first?

Now that that?s done, soap, water and scrub...ugh, need wood pellets for the stove. It was colder than expected last night and it?s almost out. I should go get those first...

What next? Oh yeah, I was going to clean the tv remotes, cell phone and the computer power button, keyboard and mouse. I guess I should go over the frequently touched surfaces too. It?s been a few days, those are overdue.. I don?t want to recontaminate my hands after I scrub, Should I clean those before or after I scrub? I guess I?ll wait until after scrub session 1, then I?ll scrub again...

Soap,water and scrub...look at all those dirty clothes! Guess I?ll get those washing before I scrub..Should I wear my scrubs when scrubbing? No, they need to get washed first..

Whew, I?m starting to get tired..

But wait, I?ve got to get sheets and pillow cases pulled off and washed, Maybe I can get a nap after they?re done. But I really should get a shower before I lie down on the clean sheets...

I guess I should get started now!

Offline N1ERF

• Extra
Re: I?ve got a lot to do!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 09:49:51 AM »
You need to simplify your life. You're just *way* too busy...
Relax and keep it simple. Just "Soap, waster and scrub." ;D

No pressure.

Offline KB1NZN

• Administrator
  • Extra
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 03:17:54 PM »
Corono-insanity :-)

Offline N1ERF

• Extra
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 05:40:09 PM »
The long lines and empty shelves are true.

My wife went to Costco last week just to get the regular refill of toilet paper.
There was none. Had to find a Plan B source.

Too many morons are hoarding, and the ultra-greedy are snapping up stuff to resell at a profit.  >:(

Offline KB1NZN

• Administrator
  • Extra
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 06:04:58 PM »
This is true! But many of them are getting shut down by Amazon, eBay etc for profiting from the situation. This morning I read a story about a guy that rented a U-haul and drove around cleaning stores out of stuff so he could sell it on Amazon. Amazon shut him down so now he?s got 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer that he can?t sell for $8 a bottle. Capitalism is good, but this kind of excess hording Of supplies and feeding off of people?s fears is not ok. Ok, so maybe you get ahold of some product and mark it up a bit, but if you have an item the normally sells for 2.50 and mark it up to 8, 10, 50, 80 dollars that?s the worst kind of abuse.

I?m not a big fan of these ultra-huge companies and the amount of control they have on marketplaces, but in this case they seem to be doing the right thing. so kudos for that.

Offline Bri

• House Band mis-leader
  • Extra
  • We gladly feast on those who would subdue us
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 07:09:38 PM »
So I found a roll of toilet paper and it said 3000 sheets per roll.
It felt a bit light so I counted each sheet. To be sure I counted it 9 times.
I'm 4 sheets short, I'm gonna sue when this madness is over.

I'll leave you with this:

Yesterday I went to my doctor for reoccurring issue.
When I walked in he said I'll need a stool sample, a urine sample and a blood sample.
So I gave him my underwear.

Stay safe. Now go wash your hands! :D

Bri
The only thing to fear is fear itself.....and crazy bat-shit people. We should really fear crazy bat-shit people.

Offline ab1dd

• Brain Trust
  • Advanced
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 10:12:48 AM »
Here in Vermont a guy was selling masks that he bought for $.10 to a hospital for $2.50! He is in a little trouble. You can see the story here
https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Capitalism-or-price-gouging-Vt-man-accused-of-overcharging-hospital-569671751.html
Or go to the WCAX website.
Oh, BTW, he is a ham!!

Carl
AB1DD

Offline KB1NZN

• Administrator
  • Extra
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 01:41:49 AM »
My wife Jen just found an unopened box of 50 CVS face masks (not N95 ones) that had been tucked away for a while. She grabs some of these items when she can get them for free or nearly free using her CVS bucks, so most likely we paid nothing for them. She donated about a dozen to the people at Town Hall  because they hadn't been able to get any, and I have about a half dozen in my office at work but we're holding on to the rest for now. We usually have at least little of almost everything. The question is can we find it at the time we need it!

-Ben

Offline Bri

• House Band mis-leader
  • Extra
  • We gladly feast on those who would subdue us
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 09:46:49 AM »
My wife and I have been making masks for about 2 weeks now. She joined the "Mask Crusaders" A group of people who are making masks for front line workers in all industries. They've donated @ 9000 masks nationwide. I do the cutting and kit building and she does the sewing. It keeps us busy and it gives us purpose. Plus it's nice to know it can help people.

Bri
The only thing to fear is fear itself.....and crazy bat-shit people. We should really fear crazy bat-shit people.