Author Topic: NEQP Special Event Station  (Read 8522 times)

KB1NBN

NEQP Special Event Station
« on: April 03, 2007, 05:11:15 PM »
Hello all,

I was reading and realised that the NEQP was happening durring the NEAR-FEST. I being a contester was wondering if anyone was interested in teaming up and setting up a special event station. I have 2 HF radios and Power supplys. The only thing i cant provide is feedline and an antenna. For an antenna we could use a G5RV or other kind of wire antenna.

If anyone is interest please let me know soon so i can get a 1x1 call.

Chris

Offline N1TKO

• Novice
Re: NEQP Special Event Station
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 07:16:55 PM »
Hey Chris - Great idea. I would really enjoy being a part of a special events station. I'm not sure how I could contribute other than being an operator. My Drake station is to big to lug around!! hi hi.
If you decide to do the SE please let me know and I'll do anything I can to help out.
Jerry - N1TKO

KB1NBN

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 08:45:36 PM »
Hey Chris - Great idea. I would really enjoy being a part of a special events station. I'm not sure how I could contribute other than being an operator. My Drake station is to big to lug around!! hi hi.
If you decide to do the SE please let me know and I'll do anything I can to help out.
Jerry - N1TKO

Hey Jerry,

Do you have an antenna and some feedline you could bring along?
Also, i am looking for like a tent to operate in.

KB1NBN

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 09:02:38 AM »
Hello All,

I have been able to get together a station consisting of: IC-706 and a Buddipole portable HF antenna. I also have the Power supply and the PC to log with. However, i am still looking for a largeish tent that people will be able to operate in. If you think you may be able to help, this would be great. I also have hopefully secured a 1x1 its N1F for Near- Fest.

Cheers, Chris

KB1NBN

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 08:36:21 PM »
Hello all,

I have secured all of the equipment and the callsign N1F for the nearfest.

If anyone wants to operate get on my repeater 449.700- 162.2

thanks and hope to see everyone tomorow!