Author Topic: WX  (Read 12484 times)

Offline W1JS

• Advanced
WX
« on: April 25, 2007, 09:09:41 AM »
10 day forecast as of April 25th calls for scattered showers on May 4th. 

I tried to print the forecast here, but it did not format well.  Here's a link:

http://www.intellicast.com/IcastPage/LoadPage.aspx?seg=LocalWeather&loc=usnhct6539&product=Forecast&prodgrp=Forecasts&prodnav=none

We had 85 degree WX here on Monday!  Let's hope for the best.

Todd, KA1KAQ

Re: WX
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 09:34:22 AM »
I usually start looking at it seriously 4-5 days before, simply because it always seems to go one way or the other the last few days before the 'fest. By Monday/Tuesday we should have a pretty good idea. And, like you Jack, I'm hoping for the best. What better way to enjoy this homecoming of sorts than with excellent wx. Would be nice to have last weekend's conditions, for sure.

n1wil

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 12:57:04 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but we're going to be WELL prepared for anything that comes our way short of a tornado or tsunami. 

We will have a 10'x20'x12' high canopy tarped structure with an 80,000 BTU convection propane heater with florescent lights inside.  We'll be well lit and well heated. 

I say bring it on!  but hopefully good WX.

Either way, mother nature isn't gonna piss on our fest!

;-)

Offline W1RC

• NEAR-Fest Founder & Benevolent Dictator.
  • Administrator
  • Extra
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 01:44:53 PM »
That's the spirit!  We have absolutely NO control over the weather and looking ahead that far in advance is only going to be very misleading anyways.  Best bet is to come prepared for anything Mother Nature can throw at us.

The weather has traditionally been pretty decent at Deerfield; it only got wet on a regular basis once we moved to Rainchester. 

I do remember one time (in October) at Deerfield the weather was wet and cold on Friday night but we had the best pfarty ever in Gene's old school bus!

MrMike

;-)

Offline w1es

• General
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 08:26:52 PM »

I do remember one time (in October) at Deerfield the weather was wet and cold on Friday night but we had the best pfarty ever in Gene's old school bus!

MrMike

;-)

Mike, I remember that one!  I think that was the year I brought my dirty limerick books and we sang them to Valby's "Ay ay ay" for a couple of hours  ;D

Offline W1JS

• Advanced
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 02:12:24 PM »
The weather gods are "shining" on us...  ;D

Long range WX forecast as of today, April 26th is
Sunny and low sixties for both NEAR-Fest days! 

Today is a beautiful sunny day, 62 degrees, in southern NH.

Offline Poohpah

• General
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 02:19:03 PM »
Guess we won't really know till May 2nd or 3rd but since my birthday is Monday I am gonna ask for good weather for Nearfest.

Offline W1JS

• Advanced
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 09:23:07 AM »
On Tuesday, May 1st, from a local Manchester radio station, which has a good track record for WX reports:

Friday and Saturday:  sunny and in the sixties!! ;D ;D

n1wil

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 11:31:30 AM »
Pisser! 

I'm gonna bring my fold-out poker table!  anyone's welcome to join in!   ;D

Todd, KA1KAQ

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 12:53:09 PM »
On Tuesday, May 1st, from a local Manchester radio station, which has a good track record for WX reports:

Friday and Saturday:  sunny and in the sixties!! ;D ;D

Okay Jack, you've convinced me. Long term forecast also shows good wx on either side, so if bad wx speeds up or slows down, we should still be safe. I hereby throw caution to the wind.

Look out Deerfield, here we come!   ;D

Offline W1JS

• Advanced
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 02:01:45 PM »
It is a beautiful day in NH today, Thursday.  Sunny and in the sixties and windy.  Same forecast for Friday with less wind (whoopee!) and Saturday's forecast is calling for mostly sunny with highs around sixty!   :) :)